- Deputy Governor Viral Acharya resigns: The plain-speaking outsider at RBI
- Switching to batteries won't reduce an iota of pollution, says TVS MD
- Trump slaps new curbs on Iran, 'it will lock up billions of dollars'
- Rising inequality should concern us all, says former PM Manmohan Singh
- Start laundering probe in cash seizures during Lok Sabha polls: SIT to ED
- CBDT chairman P C Mody pulls up tax officials over pending complaints
- Airtel, Vodafone Idea continue to lose subscribers; Jio, BSNL gain in April
- Consolidation signals high confidence in IT: Nasscom's Murugesh and Rao
News in pictures
News in pictures
File photo of a Coca-Cola hoarding in Mumbai. The aerated drinks giant has rejected the report of a committee of experts set up by the Kerala govt to assess losses caused by its plant at Palchimada. Coca-Cola says the panel, which sought a compensation of Rs 200 crore, was set up based on the "unproven assumption" that the company had caused damage in the area.
Courtesy: BS file picture
File photo of people rushing to fill up at a petrol pump in New Delhi, following a fuel price hike announcement. The government may soon raise prices of natural gas produced by state-owned ONGC and Oil India by as much as 30 per cent, Petroleum Secretary S Sundareshan said today.
Picture by Sanjay K Sharma
Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee says the government expects the economy to expand by 7.2 this fiscal and increase by 8.5 per cent in the next.
Courtesy: BS file photo
File photo of people transacting in a bank in Srinagar. Several banks have said they see stable lending rates and profits in the near term despite an unexpected repo rate hike by the Reserve Bank of India on intensifying inflationary pressures, though short-term lending rates may go up.
MARCH 23, 2018, FRIDAY
The theme of this year's World Water Day - marked annually on 22 ...1187 views
FEBRUARY 28, 2018, WEDNESDAY
Here’s what the airlines don’t want you to figure out: All it takes ...1488 views
FEBRUARY 22, 2018, THURSDAY
Flying Officer Avani Chaturvedi has created history by becoming the ...1658 views
FEBRUARY 07, 2018, WEDNESDAY
Auto Expo 2018: Concept cars steal the show, two-wheelers not far ...719 views
FEBRUARY 01, 2018, THURSDAY
With national polls looming next year -- and possibly as early as ...629 views