- Sebi wants MFs to be agile in stress events, warns industry on mis-selling
- AGR: Voda Idea seeks hike in mobile data to Rs 35 per GB, calls to 6p a min
- Tata Motors, two group firms accused of antitrust violations: Report
- 240,000 ATMs to be recalibrated, but consumers need not worry, says FIS
- Investor sentiment not dampened by Delhi violence, anti-CAA protests: FM
- ONGC, HPCL buy 34.56% of bankers' stake in Petronet MHB for Rs 371 cr
- PNB scam: Sebi slaps Rs 5-cr fine on Mehul Choksi and Gitanjali Gems
War of words: Modi vs Gandhis
Responding strongly to attacks on him by Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi implied that she wielded real power during the UPA rule as an "extra-constitutional" authority whereas his government was run only by constitutional means. Hitting back at Rahul for his "suit-boot ki sarkar" jibe, Modi said that the Congress had not been able to "digest" its crushing defeat in Lok Sabha polls even after one year.
In a strong attack against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Congress party president Sonia Gandhi said his government was the most “centralised in recent history”. And, termed it a government "of some people, by one person, for a select few".
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi accused the Narendra Modi government of pushing aside "weaker sections like farmers and fishermen from the country's development story". He dubbed the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA Government as 'suited-booted thieves', and accused them of looting the people of the country in broad daylight. He lashed out at the Modi government on the sensitive land issue, saying that it had "taken away the land of the farmers, which is like a mother to them, and given the same to its friends and corporates".
HRD Minister Smriti Irani was dragged in the war of words too. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra accused Irani of not addressing issues related to the youth of Amethi. "Why is Smriti Irani not addressing the issues of youth in Amethi, which come under her department?" Priyanka asked.
JANUARY 26, 2018, FRIDAY
69th Republic Day celebration at Rajpath on Friday at New Delhi387 views
DECEMBER 29, 2017, FRIDAY
India economy went through a lot of ups and downs during 2017 with ...800 views
DECEMBER 29, 2017, FRIDAY
2017: Year of disruptions in the corporate corridors of India398 views
DECEMBER 07, 2017, THURSDAY
Here is a list of UNESCO Cultural and Natural heritage sites best ...720 views
NOVEMBER 04, 2017, SATURDAY
With state assembly elections scheduled for Himachal Pradesh and ...281 views