- Govt approves Rs 15,000 crore emergency health fund to fight coronavirus
- Covid-19: Retail lending may not remain steady source of business for banks
- RBI admits GDP forecasts prior to coronavirus outbreak were off the mark
- Coronavirus lockdown: Govt mapping migrant workers for relief measures
- Debt schemes see worst ever outflows in FY20; liquid funds suffer most
Strong 6.8 earthquake hits India's northeastern region
A powerful earthquake measuring 6.8 on the Richter Scale rocked Manipur and other northeastern states early today.
At least two people have been reported dead, while over 30 have been injured.
"Public and private properties have been damaged. The district administration is on the job to rescue trapped persons," Inspector General of Police Clay Khongsai said.
The quake occurred at 4.35 a.m and had its epicentre in Manipur's Tamenglong district.
The earthquake was felt in parts of Manipur, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram and Tripura, said an official of the regional seismological centre in Meghalaya.
The northeast has seen some of the biggest quakes in history. In 1897, the Shillong-epicentred quake measured 8.2 on the Richter scale.
MARCH 23, 2018, FRIDAY
The theme of this year's World Water Day - marked annually on 22 ...1225 views
FEBRUARY 28, 2018, WEDNESDAY
Here’s what the airlines don’t want you to figure out: All it takes ...1548 views
FEBRUARY 22, 2018, THURSDAY
Flying Officer Avani Chaturvedi has created history by becoming the ...1704 views
FEBRUARY 07, 2018, WEDNESDAY
Auto Expo 2018: Concept cars steal the show, two-wheelers not far ...738 views
FEBRUARY 01, 2018, THURSDAY
With national polls looming next year -- and possibly as early as ...643 views