In a Lok Sabha reply on Monday, the minister of skill development and entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan said that the government would soon launch Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 4.0. It is a "demand-driven scheme" focusing on courses like artificial intelligence, 3D printing, etc.
The top states and union territories in terms of placement include Ladakh (57.65 per cent), Mizoram (41.16 per cent), Punjab (39.26 per cent), Sikkim (38.32 per cent) and Puducherry (34.09 per cent).
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
Opt for auto renewal and save Rs 300
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.