Faridkot abduction: Parents seek CBI probe, daughter's custody

Explore Business Standard
Associate Sponsors
Co-sponsor

The 15-year-old girl, who was abducted from here on September 24 and taken to Goa by her alleged kidnapper Nishan Singh, was rescued by police earlier this week.
While the girl was sent to Nari Niketan in Jalandhar by a court here last Monday after she refused to undergo medical exam, the parents, who went to meet her yesterday, expressed desire that their daughter be handed over to them.
They also criticised the authorities for projecting the case as one of elopement, and said that it was "improper" on part of them to project the case in such a manner.
Girl's father also alleged that they were not given enough time to meet their daughter.
"A police official came and took my wife to meet my daughter. When she saw her mother she wept and said nothing. After a brief meeting of just about a minute, the police official asked my wife to leave the place," he said.
He claimed their daughter has been kept under a "highly guarded room" where a "close vigil" is always maintained on her activities.
The 15-year-old girl was allegedly abducted at gunpoint by Nishan Singh, already facing 18 different criminal cases, from her house in public view on September 24.
Police have so far arrested 15 of the total 17 identified accused in the case.
First Published: Oct 26 2012 | 5:55 PM IST