Meghalaya minister claims she received threatening texts

Explore Business Standard
Associate Sponsors
Co-sponsor

The messages were sent by an unidentified person to her cell phone on the intervening nights of August 27 when she landed in Kolkata, Lyngdoh said.
Lyngdoh was part of a three-member team of cabinet ministers that visited Karnataka and Maharashtra last week.
"Initially, I did not pay heed to the first message that I got. But then subsequently another two messages were sent from the same number which forced me to file an FIR," the lone woman legislator in Meghalaya told PTI.
East Khasi Hills Superintendent of Police M Kharkrang said the police was trying to track down the sender of the messages.
First Published: Aug 31 2012 | 1:05 PM IST