CHRISTOPHER WOOD, global head of equity strategy at Jefferies has held on to his exposure to Adani group stocks in his India long-only equity portfolio despite a scathing report by Hindenburg Research earlier this year. In a freewheeling conversation with Puneet Wadhwa on the sidelines of the Jefferies Annual India Forum in New Delhi, Wood shared his views on his strategy for the Indian markets in the backdrop of developments back home and globally. Edited excerpts:
You have retained Adani Ports despite the negative news surrounding the group since January 2023-end. Why’s that?
I have held Adani Ports even before the Hindenburg report came out, and the report is no reason to change this holding. I want some infrastructure plays in my portfolio. When it comes to Indian exposure, the biggest exposure in my portfolio has been in private sector banks. That apart, I also have exposure to prope
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.