WebinarsNew
Deep DiveNew
Explore Business Standard
The government will sell up to 5 per cent stake in Cochin Shipyard at a floor price of Rs 1,400 per share through an offer for sale beginning Tuesday. The "government announces offer for sale in Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) with a base offer of 2.52 per cent of its paid-up equity and an additional 2.52 per cent as the green-shoe option in case of over subscription," Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) Secretary Arunish Chawla said on X. The offer for sale (OFS) opens for non-retail investors on July 7, 2026. Retail investors can bid on July 8, 2026. The floor price of Rs 1,400 per share is at a 7 per cent discount over Monday's closing price on BSE. Shares of Cochin Shipyard closed at Rs 1,504.75, down 1.25 per cent over the previous close on BSE on Monday. The government currently holds a 67.91 per cent stake in CSL. So far in the current fiscal, the government has sold stake via OFS in six public sector entities -- Central Bank of India, Coal India, NHPC,
The government will sell up to 2 per cent stake in Coal India through an offer for sale at a floor price of Rs 412 apiece beginning Wednesday. The sale of up to 2 per cent stake or about 12.32 crore shares at Rs 412 apiece would fetch about Rs 5,000 crore to the exchequer. The OFS (offer for sale) will open for non-retail investors on May 27, and for retail investors on May 29. "Government of India announces OFS in Coal India Limited with a base offer of 1 per cent of its equity and an additional 1 per cent Green Shoe Option in case of oversubscription. Floor price fixed at Rs 412 per share," Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) Secretary Arunish Chawla said in a post on X. Shares of Coal India closed at Rs 458.25 on the BSE on Tuesday, up 0.25 per cent from the previous close. The floor price of Rs 412/share is at a 10 per cent discount over the current market price. With strong operational and financial performance, consistent returns and attractive ...
The board of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) on Friday cleared the decks for its long-awaited initial public offering, approving the launch of its issue that will consist entirely of an offer-for-sale, with no fresh issue component. The decision comes shortly after market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India granted a no-objection certificate (NOC), paving the way for the bourse to move ahead with its listing plans after more than a decade of delays. At the same meeting, the NSE board approved the reconstitution of the IPO Committee to facilitate and oversee activities delegated for the execution of the IPO process, according to a statement. The revamped committee will be chaired by Tablesh Pandey, non-independent director, and will include public interest directors Srinivas Injeti, Mamata Biswal, Abhilasha Kumari and G Sivakumar, along with Ashishkumar Chauhan, managing director and chief executive officer. The committee has been entrusted with supervising and ...