RPower starts production at controversial Sasan mines
Reliance Power is developing a 4,000 MW project at Sasan

WebinarsNew
Explore Business Standard
Reliance Power is developing a 4,000 MW project at Sasan

Reliance Power Ltd, controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani, has commenced coal production at Sasan mines in Madhya Pradesh six months ahead of schedule, the company said on Monday.
Reliance Power is developing a 4,000 MW project at Sasan and was allotted three captive coal blocks to fuel the project, which was bid for at a fixed rate to supply power.
Last month, the CAG said Reliance Power gained 290 billion rupees in undue benefit from a government decision, allowing the power producer to use surplus coal from its captive block for another project it was not meant for.
First Published: Sep 03 2012 | 2:55 PM IST