TO THE MEMBERS OF ALAN SCOTT INDUSTRIESS LIMITED
Report on the Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying financial statements of ALAN SCOTT INDUSTRIESS LIMITED("the Company") which comprise the Balance Sheet as at March 312017 theStatement of Profit and Loss the Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended and asummary of significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management's Responsibility for the Financial Statements
The Company's Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section134(5) of the Companies Act 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation ofthese financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial positionfinancial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with the accountingprinciples generally accepted in India including the Accounting Standards specified underSection 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules 2014. Thisresponsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting records in accordance withthe provisions of the Act for safeguarding of the assets of the Company and for preventingand detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection and application of appropriateaccounting policies; making judgments and estimates that are reasonable and prudent; anddesign implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controls andensuring their operating effectiveness and the accuracy and completeness of the accountingrecords relevant to the preparation and presentation of the financial statements thatgive a true and fair view and are free from material misstatement whether due to fraud orerror.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on ouraudit.
We have taken into account the provisions of the Act the accounting and auditingstandards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under theprovisions of the Act and the Rules made there-under.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified underSection 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetherthe financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts anddisclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditors'judgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financialstatements whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments the auditorconsiders internal financial control relevant to the Company's preparation of thefinancial statements that give a true and fair view in order to design audit proceduresthat are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includes evaluating theappropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accountingestimates made by the Company's Directors as well as evaluating the overall presentationof the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion/qualified audit opinion/adverse audit opinion on thefinancial statements.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanationsgiven to us the aforesaid financial statements give the information required by the Actin the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accountingprinciples generally accepted in India of the state of affairs of the Company as at 31stMarch 2017 its profit/loss and its cash flows for the year ended on that date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
(1) As required by the Companies (Auditors' Report) Order 2016 ("the Order")issued by the Central Government of India in terms of sub-section (11) of Section 143 ofthe Act we give in the "Annexure 1" a statement on the matters specified inparagraphs 3 and 4 of the Order to the extent applicable.
(2) As required by Section 143(3) of the Act we report that:
a. We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the bestof our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit.
b. In our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by theCompany so far as it appears from ourexamination of those books.
c. The Balance Sheet the Statement of Profit and Loss and the Cash Flow Statementdealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account.
d. In our opinion the aforesaid financial statements comply with the AccountingStandards specified under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies(Accounts) Rules 2014.
e. On the basis of written representations received from the directors as on March312017 and taken on record by the Board of Directors none of the directors isdisqualified as on March 312017 from being appointed as a director in terms of Section164 (2)oftheAct;
f. With respect to the adequacy of the internal financial controls over financialreporting of the Company and the operating effectiveness of such controls referto ourseparate Report in "Annexure 2".
g. With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditor's Report inaccordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules 2014 in our opinionand to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us:
(i) The Company does not have any pending litigations which would impact its financialposition;
(ii) The Company did not have any long-term contracts including derivative contractsfor which there were any material foreseeable losses;
(iii) There has been no delay in transferring amounts required to be transferred tothe Investor Education and Protection Fund by the Company.
(iv) The Company has provided requisite disclosures in the financial statements as toholdings as well as dealings in Specified Bank Notes during the period from 8th November2016 to 30th December 2016. Based on audit procedures and relying on the managementrepresentation we report that the disclosures are in accordance with books of accountmaintained by the Company and as produced to us by the Management.
(Firm's Registration No. 136368W)
Membership No. 137026
Mumbai May 302017
ANNEXURE 1 TO THE INDEPENDENT AUDITORS' REPORT
[Referred to in paragraph 1 under 'Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements'in the Independent Auditor's Report of even date to the members of ALAN SCOTT INDUSTRIESSLIMITED on the financial statements for the year ended March 312017]
1) (a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars includingquantitative details and situation of fixed assets;
(b) The Fixed Assets have been physically verified by the management in a phasedmanner designed to cover all the items over a period of three years which in ouropinion is reasonable having regard to the size of the company and nature of itsbusiness. Pursuant to the program a portion of the fixed asset has been physicallyverified by the management during the year and no material discrepancies between the booksrecords and the physical fixed assets have been noticed.
(c) The title deeds of immovable properties are held in the name of the company.
2) (a) The management has conducted the physical verification of inventory atreasonable intervals.
(b) The discrepancies noticed on physical verification of the inventory as compared tobooks records which has been properly dealt with in the books of account were notmaterial.
3) The Company has not granted any loans secured or unsecured to companies firmsLimited Liability partnerships or other parties covered in the Register maintained undersection 189 of the Act. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (iii) (a) to (C) of theOrder are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
4) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us thecompany has complied with the provisions of section 185 and I86 of the Companies Act 2013In respect of loans investments guarantees and security.
5) The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public and hence the directivesissued by the Reserve Bank of India and the provisions of Sections 73 to 76 or any otherrelevant provisions of the Act and the Companies (Acceptance of Deposit) Rules 2015 withregard to the deposits accepted from the public are not applicable.
6) According to information & explanation given to us maintenance of cost recordunder Sub Section (1) of Section 148 of the Companies Act 2013 as prescribed by CentralGovernment is not applicable to company.
7) (a) According to information and explanations given to us and on the basis of ourexamination of the books of account and records the Company has been generally regularIn depositing undisputed statutory dues Including Provident Fund Employees StateInsurance Income-Tax Sales tax Service Tax Duty of Customs Duty of Excise Valueadded Tax Cess and any other statutory dues with the appropriate authorities. Accordingto the information and explanations given to us no undisputed amounts payable in respectof the above were in arrears as at March 312017 for a period of more than six months fromthe date on when they become payable.
(b) According to the information and explanation given to us there are no dues ofincome tax sales tax service tax duty of customs duty of excise value added taxoutstanding on account of any dispute.
8) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us theCompany has not defaulted in the repayment of dues to financial institutions banksgovernment and debenture holders.
9) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management the company has not raised moneys byway of initial public offer orfurther public offer including debt instruments and term Loans. Accordingly theprovisions of clause 3 (ix) of the Order are not applicable to the Company and hence notcommented upon.
10) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management we report that no fraud by the Company or on the company by itsofficers or employees has been noticed or reported during the year.
11) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the managerial remuneration has been paid or provided inaccordance with the requisite approvals mandated by the provisions of section 197 readwith Schedule V to the Companies Act;
12) In our opinion the Company is not a Nidhi Company. Therefore the provisions ofclause 4 (xii) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
13) In our opinion all transactions with the related parties are in compliance withsection 177 and 188 of Companies Act 2013 and the details have been disclosed in theFinancial Statements as required by the applicable accounting standards.
14) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not made any preferential allotment or privateplacement of shares or fully or partly convertible debentures during the year underreview. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xiv) of the Order are not applicable tothe Company and hence not commented upon.
15) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not entered into any non-cash transactions withdirectors or persons connected with him. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xv) ofthe Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
16) In our opinion the company is not required to be registered under section 45 IA ofthe Reserve Bank of India Act 1934 and accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xvi)ofthe Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
(Firm's Registration No. 136368W)
Membership No. 137026
Mumbai May 302017