Africa must 'wake up' and 'prepare for worst' over virus: WHO

Explore Business Standard
Associate Sponsors
Co-sponsor

The head of the World Health Organisation on Wednesday said while Africa so far had seen few cases of COVID-19, the continent should "prepare for the worst".
"Africa should wake up," Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told journalists in a virtual news conference, pointing out that "in other countries we have seen how the virus actually accelerates after a certain tipping point.
"The best advice for Africa is to prepare for the worst, and prepare today.
Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content
First Published: Mar 18 2020 | 11:40 PM IST