Associate Sponsors

Co-sponsor

It boils down to maintaining proper hygiene: Akshay on coronavirus outbreak

Image
Press Trust of India Mumbai
Last Updated : Mar 08 2020 | 5:18 PM IST

Bollywood superstar Akshay on Sunday urged people to maintain proper hygiene amid novel coronavirus scare across the globe.

The novel virus originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December last year and has claimed over 3,000 lives in the country.

Many events around the world have been cancelled amid the COVID-19 outbreak, including film festivals and music concerts. Release of much-awaited James Bond film "No Time to Die" has also been pushed by seven months to November.

When asked if the Hindi film industry will be struck by the growing concern around coronavirus in the country, Akshay told PTI, "There will be some effect but how much that is difficult to say. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said people shouldn't go to crowded places and safety measures should be taken."

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

More From This Section

First Published: Mar 08 2020 | 5:18 PM IST

Next Story