The country’s largest power producer, NTPC Ltd, plans to commission the 250 Mw Bongaigaon thermal power project (TPP) in Kokrajhar in Assam in the first quarter of the ensuing financial year. Bongaigaon is the first NTPC project in the north-eastern region of 750 Mw capacity (3x250 Mw). Of the total capacity, 500 MW (2x250 Mw) is already generating power.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
NTPC blast: Engineers demand safety audit of power plants
NTPC blast toll rises to 30, over 100 injured: top 10 developments
Rae Bareli: NTPC blast toll reaches 32, families of victims look for bodies and answers
NTPC blast in UP: 16 dead, 100 injured, NDRF team rushed to site for relief
NTPC's Unchahar unit to start operations within six months
Berger Paints to build new plant in Uttar Pradesh with Rs 1.5 bn investment
ArcelorMittal firm on $1 bn Mexico investment pledge despite trade threats
Indian firms slow on cybersecurity; might gain from EU's upcoming GDPR
Facebook ends alternative news feed experiment after negative feedback
US court grants interim stay on debt collection against Firestar Diamond