- No party at Sushant Rajput's home on June 13, says Mumbai Police Chief
- Rahul upset with infighting, leaders urged to keep views internally: Report
- Tamil Nadu will not allow 3-language formula in the state, says Palaniswami
- UP govt to install solar panels on hotels, guest houses under Tourism Dept
- Hyderabad 16th among 20 cities globally in CCTV Surveillance, tops in India
- Vizag crane collapse: HSL announces Rs 50 lakh ex-gratia, job for kin
- Officer probing Sushant's death 'forcibly quarantined' in Mumbai: Bihar DGP
- LIVE: Uma Bharti to skip Ayodhya Bhoomi Poojan event over corona scare
- Top headlines: Apple plans more production in India, PSB stake sale & more
- Ladakh standoff: DRDO weighs options to make indigenous light tanks
LIVE: India expects China to 'sincerely work' on disengagement, says MEA
The floodwaters have destroyed crops and fishes from ponds have been swept away in districts of Assam. Stay tuned for the latest news of the day
A large number of people have been affected because of the worsening flood situation in Assam's Darang and Sonitpur districts. With the Brahmaputra and the Tangni rivers flowing well above the danger level, several villages in the large rural region of the eastern province of Darang have been submerged.
The floodwaters have destroyed crops and fishes from ponds have been swept away. People living in low-lying areas were forced to leave their homes. The overflowing waters of the Saktola River have wreaked havoc in hundreds of villages of the Mangalde and Sipajhar Vidhan Sabha areas in the western province of Darang.
The Supreme Court hearing adjourned hearing on a plea of Rajasthan Assembly Speaker C P Joshi against the high court order restraining him till July 24 from conducting disqualification proceedings against 19 dissident Congress legislators, including sacked deputy chief minister Sachin Pilot.
The apex court also allowed the Rajasthan high court to go ahead and deliver its ruling, but said the verdict will remain subject to the outcome of the hearing in the SC.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day