Eleven. That is what Rafael Nadal wants: 11 French Open titles. To put the preposterous nature of this chase into context, Rod Laver — often hailed as the greatest player ever before Roger Federer made us suspect otherwise — won a total of 11 Grand Slams. Ditto for Björn Borg. Other “truly great” players, such as Jimmy Connors, Ivan Lendl and Andre Agassi, only managed a haul of eight each. John McEnroe, another special talent, has seven.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, May 25 2018. 21:48 IST