In the first of a three-part series, Business Standard looks at the mismatches in Aadhaar numbers.
In October 2016, when Jharkhand made a bold move towards a “paperless” public distribution system (PDS), linking the disbursement of foodgrain to individual Aadhaar cards with biometric identification, many hailed the move as a step in the right direction.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.