Covid-19's impact on economic activity has been huge this year, but government-led infrastructure building is one area where a revival can be initiated faster. In an interview with Megha Manchanda and Jyoti Mukul, NHAI Chairman Sukhbir Singh Sandhu says that the Authority has been able to award 60 per cent more length in the April-September 2020 period even as the emphasis is on making up for the lost time during the peak summer months. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, December 24 2020. 13:13 IST