THE MUCH awaited 4G telecom spectrum auction concluded last week with some surprises, a bit of consolidation, and status quo in some areas. Sunil Mittal-led Bharti Airtel caught attention by buying more than expected, and along with Reliance Jio, the bidding strengthened the message of consolidation in the Indian telecom sector. In a market of 1.3 billion with only about a half having access to mobile broadband, the untapped user base still holds much promise.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.