The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is inviting applications for the post of Junior Scientific Officer to be hired by National Centre of Organic Farming (NCF), Ghaziabad for the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation & Farmers Welfare under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till September 28, 2017 (Thursday). The number of vacancy is three reserved for UR (1), OBC (1), SC (0), ST (0) and PH (1). The Physical (PH) type means the one with hearing impairment (Partially Deaf). The qualified candidate would be offered the salary of Rs.9, 300-34,800/- (PB-2) plus Rs. 4,600/- (Grade Pay) (Total emoluments excluding T.A. and HRA at the time of initial appointment will be Rs. 44900 /-p.m.in the Pay Matrix Level-7 as per 7th Pay Commission.)The post carries probation of two years. The job location is at Ghaziabad or any of its Regional Centres located at Bangalore, Bhubneshwar, Imphal, Jabalpur, Nagpur, Panchkula, but the applicant is liable to serve anywhere in India.
Age: Not exceeding 30 years as on normal closing date. Not exceeding 33 years for Other Backward Classes candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them. Relaxable for regularly appointed Central/U.T. Government Servant up to Five years as per instructions/orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time. For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.’
Educational Qualification: M.Sc. in Microbiology from a recognized university/institute Or M.Sc. in Botany with specialization in Plant Pathology or Microbiology or Mycology from a recognized university/institute Or M.Sc. in Agriculture with specialization in Soil Science or Agricultural Chemistry or Agronomy or Microbiology or Plant Pathology or Horticulture or Agricultural Extension from a recognized university/ institute.
Note: Ph.D. in any discipline mentioned in essential qualifications, two years’ experience in the field of research and development of biofertilisers and other aspects of organic farming would be desirable parameters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Testing of Biofertilisers, Organic Manures and Vermi-culture.
- Testing of different organic inputs in laboratory, Isolation and authentication of different strains of effective microorganisms related with organic farming,
- Organization of training programs on organic farming,
- Organization of field demonstration programs on organic farming,
- Preparation of technical literature on organic farming.
- Visit the official online portal of UPSC here.
- Search for the New Registration and click on the same. (Direct link here)
- Fill in the required details and you will get your Registration ID and password.
- Go back to the Existing Vacancies Page and search for Post Name ‘Junior Scientific’ with Apply Now button. Hit the button.
- Enter your Registration ID and Password along with Captcha code given there.
- Follow the online instructions. (More details on the online instructions here)
Documents for Interview:
Qualified and eligible candidates will receive official communication from the Commission for interview. Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to send self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's prestigious central recruiting agency that conducts appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. It was known as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935 and was then renamed as today's Union Public Service Commission after the independence.