The rest of the European Union nations are looking at the possibility of a British departure from the bloc with disbelief, trepidation and anguish. But they are also preparing to retaliate. If Britons do vote in a referendum on Thursday to leave the European Union, they can expect a tough and unforgiving response, with capitals across the continent intent on deterring other countries from following the British example, European officials and analysts said. In other words, Britain will be made to suffer for its choice. With other issues pressing, including Greek debt, the migrant crisis and ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2020 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard