The equity cult in India has been growing over the years, with the investment of Indian households in this asset class hitting an all-time high in 2022. According to a recent Jefferies report, 4.8 per cent of Indian household assets (as of March 2022) are in equities – up from 4.3 per cent in March 2021, and up nearly 57 per cent compared to 2.7 per cent allocation to this asset class in 2020. It pegs the total value of Indian household assets at $10.7 trillion in March 2022.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.