After two straight days of gains, investors booked profit in metal stocks on Friday. At 11:40 AM, the Nifty Metal index was down 0.44 per cent as against a 0.34 per cent gain in the Nifty50 index.
Individual stocks, however, were mixed. Hindustan Zinc, Hindalco, APL Apollo Tubes, and Nalco were ruling up to 2 per cent higher, while Tata Steel, Jindal Steel, SAIL, and JSW Steel declined up to 1 per cent.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, July 08 2022. 12:00 IST