Six women filed a lawsuit on Wednesday against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein and his former film production company claiming that these entities worked to 'perpetuate and conceal Weinstein's widespread sexual harassment and assault.'
The plaintiffs are Zoe Brock, Louisette Geiss, Katherine Kendall, Nannette Klatt, Sarah Ann Masse and Melissa Sagemiller, reports The Gaurdian.
The federal lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, seeks class action status, saying the six plaintiffs represent "hundreds" of women who were also victimized by Weinstein.
"We are but six women representing hundreds. Dozens have come forward so far, and many more remain in the shadows, still trying to find their courage," the plaintiffs said in a statement. "But we will, if we can transform our horror stories into a cultural shift."
The lawsuit alleged that Weinstein was aided by "complicit producers" along with other firms and individuals who helped "facilitate and conceal his pattern of unwanted sexual conduct".
The women said in the suit that Weinstein and his allies' behavior harmed his victims' business and career prospects and reputations, and caused severe emotional and physical distress.
"Harvey Weinstein is a predator. Bob knew it. The board knew it. The lawyers knew it. The private investigators knew it. Hollywood knew it. We knew it. Now the world knows it. Let's finally do something about it," the statement concluded.
Allegations against Weinstein first came to light a few months ago after which dozens of women have stepped forward, either on social media or news outlets, to accuse Weinstein of sexual misconduct to varying degrees, following which he was fired from the Weinstein Company, which the 65-year-old co-founded.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)