Business Standard

Elephant electrocuted to death in Jharkhand

Image

IANS Ranchi
An elephant died after being electrocuted in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district early on Thursday, officials said.
According to Forest Department officials, an elephant was roaming around Purchiasai village, trying to eat paddy kept in the field. It came in contact with an electric wire and died on the spot.
In November, a baby elephant had died, drowning in the pond.
Around 100 elephants are roaming around the district, destroying crops and at times trampling people.
--IANS
ns/mag/sed

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Dec 27 2018 | 5:48 PM IST

Explore News