Suspected Moroccan extremist re-deported from Italy

Rome, June 6 (IANS/AKI) Italian authorities have expelled a suspected Moroccan religious extremist for the second time after he was deported and re-entered Italy on a 10-day visa, the Interior Ministry said on Wednesday.
The 44-year Moroccan was expelled aboard a flight from the northeastern city of Venice following his arrest in the northern city of Como, the ministry added.
The suspect had returned to Italy on the 10-day visa to attend a court hearing in the northern city of Piacenza. He had been deported in May after he showed signs of radicalization during a spell in prison for petty crime and investigators said he was "close to Islamic extremist milieux", the ministry said.
A total of 51 suspected religious extremists have been deported from Italy this year and 288 since January 2015, according to the ministry.
--IANS/AKI
ahm/
Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content
More From This Section
Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel
First Published: Jun 06 2018 | 9:48 PM IST
