Windows, lights, photography prints and carpets can lend a cozy look to your living room, suggest experts.
Abraham Santosh, Head Designer, Elegancia, and Aparajita Ghosh, Design Director, Vaya Home, gives tips:
* Large unappealing windows and flat reflective walls are always considered to be cold, bland and agoraphobic to some extent. The thought of dressing up windows and walls to make a space look smaller and more private, give people a sense of security that they are not watched by the outside world.
* Warm and accenting lights were thought to be dramatic and created a mystery which invoked curiosity in the minds of visitors and tenants, by highlighting only certain areas.
* Consider a balcony which is part of an exterior space. Having tall plants will create a sense of cosiness in the subconscious. This fact also applies to interiors as well, for example the way canopies; poster beds, cocoon chairs and tall plants create a protective layer.
* Throw blankets, throw pillows, plush furnishings and carpets are all comforting to the body both physically and psychologically. The same thing goes to having a burning fireplace which emits heat and light and controls the climate for comfort.
Brighten up your interiors with pastels
Tips to get luxury loft look for your home
Quirky home decor ideas to brighten up house
Lend rustic touch to home with wooden frames, classic rugs
How to choose best lighting fixtures for your dream home
Somy Ali, raped as minor, urges more women to say #MeToo
Javed Ali sings song for 'Mere Sai'
Juggy D teams up with Rishi Rich again
Kumar Sanu to act in 'Yeh Un Dinon...'
Konkana, Bhumi in rebel mode for 'Dolly Kitty...'
* Vintage botanical drawings and giant photography prints can personalise your space to a great extent. It's gorgeous, a beautiful way to boost your own home style. They provide a great way to upgrade a floor rug to the wall as a piece of art.
* With a conscious drive towards embracing a peaceful retreat from the crazy fast-paced modern lifestyle, sustainable and natural fabrics is emerging as a potential micro trend. You could even opt create a broader conversations by putting together your space with a jute carpet.
* The vintage brass/gold metallic frames on the earthy walls with old black/white photography bring in warmth, memories along with glamour and opulence.
* It continues to bring in a greener footprint inside the living spaces. Plants are an inexpensive way to add instant colour and glamour to home interiors. Mint strikes a balance between our desire for wellness but also for new and exciting technology. A transition to a more conscious living is reflected in green and earth interiors.
* The recently acquired ethnic motif during your last travel to your favourite destination could turn your home bolster into a stunning piece of conversation. You could make your decorative choices of craft more prominent and noticed by inspiring your friends/family.
Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content