Barely a week after reopening following a two-month complete lockdown, Shanghai imposed a fresh, partial Covid-19 lockdown again earlier this month (Business Standard, June 9, 2022). Such persistence by China with a zero-tolerance strategy has lent an element of urgency to global value chain (GVC) restructuring and relocation, a process that has been in progress, though haltingly, over the last decade. India, which has thus far not been able to attract relocating supply chains, now gets another chance and should not let it slip by this time.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.