Business Standard

Hotel liable to pay for death caused by fire

A fire broke out on the night between August 3 and 4, 2012, at Hotel Lucky India

Image
Premium

Jehangir B Gai
Mukesh Gangadhar Manglani, sales director at Riddhi Technology, Ahmedabad, stayed in Hotel Lucky India, run by S.K. Mineral Handling while on a business trip.

He checked in on August 3 and planned to check out on August 5, 2012. He was allotted room no. 301. A fire broke out on the night between August 3 and 4. Manglani and three other guests died due to burn injuries and asphyxia. They were taken to the community health centre in the morning where they were pronounced dead.

Sachindra Das, the doctor on duty, informed the police and a first information report (FIR) was registered
Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www.business-standard.com or the Business Standard newspaper

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Jul 31 2022 | 10:48 PM IST

Explore News

To read the full story, subscribe to BS Premium now, at just Rs 249/ month.

Key stories on business-standard.com are available only to BS Premium subscribers.

Register to read more on Business-Standard.com