Iceland would be an odd model for Britain to emulate. True, it just made England look silly on the football pitch at the European Championships. But there is little point in leaving the European Union (EU) in order to copy the Nordic nation's trade ties with the bloc. These links hinge on membership of the European Economic Area, which brings together all EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway. Non-EU members of this club are given access to the single market but with strings attached. Policies on certain issues, such as justice and home affairs, or economic and monetary ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2022 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard