- ‘Library’ is the first international film of the global happiness campaign to be aired in India
- Targeted at the youth, ‘Library’ is one of the most successful global campaigns this year for Coca-Cola worldwide
- Latest initiative rolled out after successful launch of the Open Happiness initiative in India; featuring Bollywood actor & Coca-Cola Brand Ambassador, Aamir Khan and Cricket sensation Gautam Gambhir leveraging passion of movies and cricket amongst the consumers
- ‘Coca-Cola Open Happiness’ global communication initiative is all about inviting people to welcome small moments of joy & happiness into their lives- idea really is to pause, enjoy a bottle of Coca-Cola and also enjoy life's simple pleasures.
- ‘Coca-Cola Open Happiness’ communication initiative has been conceptualized by Wieden + Kennedy, the global agency for brand Coca-Cola since 2006.
- Communication initiative is primarily going to be mainly on television and will go on air from 2nd week of June, 2009
Coca-Cola in India today unveiled a new campaign from the series of Global campaign - ‘Open Happiness’ for brand Coca-Cola. The new communication campaign ‘Library’ is the first international film of the global campaign to be aired in India. The communication reinforces how sharing a Coca-Cola connects people and brings a moment of happiness to an otherwise ordinary situation. Targeted at the youth, the new campaign is all about inviting people to welcome small moments of joy and happiness into their lives. The idea really is to pause, have a bottle of Coca-Cola and enjoy life's simple pleasures.
‘Coca-Cola Open Happiness’ is designed to serve as a platform for all integrated marketing initiatives for brand Coca-Cola globally. The latest communication is a follow up to the series of the campaign which leveraged the passion of ‘Cricket’ and ‘Movies’ by featuring India’s hottest cricket sensation and Coca-Cola brand ambassador, Gautam Gambhir and India’s Bollywood Actor and Coca-Cola Brand Ambassador, Aamir Khan respectively. The latest communication for ‘Coca-Cola Open Happiness’ has been conceptualized by Wieden + Kennedy, global agency for brand Coca-Cola and is all set to be rolled out in the 2nd week of June ‘09.
According to Kashmira Chadha, Director-Marketing, Coca-Cola India, “Open Happiness brings forward the thought of enjoying a bottle of Coca-Cola while taking a pause from the daily routine to connect with others.
The campaign reminds people that Coca-Cola is always there to offer that small moment of fun and refreshment when you need it."
Storyboard of the Ad The latest communication on the theme of ‘Library’ brings to life the silent interaction of two teens connecting over a Coca-Cola while studying in a quiet library. They pass the ‘boring’ study time by using their pens to draw characters on their hands and arms. The boy then draws a Coke bottle on his arm and in response the girl pens a glass with ice cubes on hers. The drawings come to life as they reach across the table and touch hands as the now animated Coca-Cola pours out of the bottle drawing, down the guy's arm onto the girl's hand and into the glass she has drawn. They share a laugh. The spot reinforces how sharing a Coca-Cola connects people and brings a moment of happiness to an otherwise ordinary situation.
About Coca-Cola India Coca-Cola India refreshes millions of consumers throughout the country with an exciting range of beverages, including Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Thums Up, Fanta, Limca, Sprite, Maaza, Minute Maid, Georgia, Georgia Gold, Kinley and Kinley Club Soda through a network of more than one million outlets. The company has invested more than US$ 1 billion in its Indian operations, emerging as one of the country's top international investors and employs approximately 6,000 people in India.