Kewal Handa (Pfizer), Ranjit Shahani (Novartis), Khorakiwala (Wockhardt), Dr Kamal Sharma (Lupin) address august gathering at the summit.
INDUSTRY STALWARTS HONOURED WITH PHARMA LEADERSHIP AWARDS 09 Malvinder Mohan Singh, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Samprada Singh, Anju Gupta Kaudanya, Dilip Surana, C. P Bothra and R C Bhagat among awardees.
The “Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit 2009 with the timely theme of “Destination India – Challenges & Opportunities,” saw 40 powerful Speakers and 300 stalwarts from the pharmaceutical Industry in addition to high ranking bureaucrats and trade professionals deliberate on many crucial topics of significance to the industry. The summit was held last week in Mumbai.
The summit was inaugurated by Mr A B Ramteke, Dy. Drug Controller, Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Affairs and Dr Dhanraj Kamatkar, Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Government of Maharashtra. Shri Chanchalapati Das, Vice – Chairman of Akshaya Patra was specially invited by the organizer to address the audience on Akshaya Patra’s mission and objectives. Shri Das stressed that Akshaya Patra will cross 5 Million mark by the end of 2020.
Dr Kamatkar & Ramteke urged the industry to maintain the highest quality standards in manufacturing and a series of debate on Marketing, Clinical Trials, Drug discovery were deliberated.
Mr Kewal Handa presented a scenario of how to cope-up the Pressure of sustaining and managing margins in global economy meltdown.
One unique aspect of the summit was that it was held in aid of Akshaya Patra, the world’s largest run school meal program which is feeding around one million school children everyday across India. Recently even President-Elect Obama had also commended the organisation for the yeomen service it is doing by providing humanity by feeding poor school children across India.
The Summit is being organized in association with Industry's leading associations like OPPI, IDMA, PHARMEXCIL and IPA.
The summit also saw the felicitation of some of the stalwarts and achievers who have made much difference to the Industry and have contributed tremendously to its growth.
LIST OF AWARDEES
- V. S. Reddy, Managing Director, British Biologicals. (India’s most Admired Neutraceutical Company)
- Ms Anju Gupta, Managing Director, VHB Life Sciences Ltd. (Most technically & scientifically advanced Pharmaceutical Manufacturing unit of the year).
K Singh, Managing Director, Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd (Emerging Company of the year Award)
- Dilip Surana, Managing Director, Microlabs Ltd. (Company of the Year).
- Shri Suresh Kare, Chairman, Indoco Remedies Ltd. (Life Time Achievement Award).
- R. C. Bhagat, Chairman, VHB Life Sciences Ltd. (Lifetime Achievement Award).
- Samprada Singh, Chairman, Alkem Labs Ltd. (Lifetime Achievement Award)
- Mr Manohar Kothari, Managing Director, Indo German Pharma Equip Pvt Ltd. (Life Time Achievement Award)
- Dr Himadri Sen, President, R&D, Ranbaxy Ltd (Excellence in “NDDS”& Generics)
- Sri Ajit Singh, Chairman & Sri Jasjit Singh,MD, ACG World Wide (Lifetime Achievement Award).
- Sri Jagdish Saxena, Chairman & MD, Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Lifetime Achievement Award).
- Mr Malvinder Mohan Singh,Chairman,MD & CEO,Ranbaxy Ltd (Dynamic Enterpreneur of the year)
- Sri Kaushik Desai ,Director& CEO Global Pharmatech (Excellence in Pharma Profession)
- Dr P. M Naik, Project Director, Zydus Cadila Ltd (Excellence in Pharma Profession)
- Dr Desh Bandhu Gupta, Chairman, Lupin Ltd (Lifetime Achievement Award).
- Mr C. P. Bothra, Managing Director, Medreich Group (India’s Most trusted Export Company of the year)
- Mr N. K. Singh, CMD, Galpha Labs Ltd. (India’s Fastest growing Pharmaceutical Company 09)
- Ms Anju Gupta, MD, VHB MEDISCIENCES LTD (India’s Yongest MD & CEO)