You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

26-yr-old hotel employee electrocuted in Karol Bagh

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

A 26-year-old hotel employee allegedly died of electrocution in central Delhi's area, police said Wednesday.

The deceased was identified as Vijay, they said, adding that he worked as a cook at a local hotel since August 19.

The police said they rushed to the spot after they were alerted that a man's body was lying on the roof of the said hotel on Monday night.

was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, a said.

Burn injuries were found on the right arm and left shoulder of the deceased, he added.

During investigation, it was learnt that had gone to take a shower in the bathroom on the roof of the hotel where he allegedly died of electric shock from the air-condition unit installed near the toilet, the said.

The family members of the deceased, who are in Jharkhand, have been informed about the death, police said. The post-mortem will be conducted after the family members reach Further investigation is underway.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, September 12 2018. 19:25 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU