You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

3 of a family electrocuted

Press Trust of India  |  Madurai 

Three members of a family were today electrocuted when they tried to open their house's iron gate over which a snapped overhead power cable was lying in neighbouring Sivaganga district, police said.

The tragedy occurred when P Vanitha (40) touched the gate early in the morning unaware of the power cable lying over it and her 65-year old mother-in-and brother-in-tried to rescue her at Pathinettam Kottai near Manamadurai, they said.

Hearing the cries of Vanitha, her mother-in-law, rushed and tried to pull her, but ended up being electrocuted herself.

Vanitha's brother-in-law, who tried to save the two women, also died in a similar manner.

Police said the electric wire had snapped due to strong winds and rains early this morning.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, August 13 2017. 19:42 IST