You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Britannia to increase share of non-biscuits business

Press Trust of India  |  Kolkata 

Limited, which earns 70 per cent of its revenue from biscuits segment, would gradually increase the of non-biscuits category by going into new product launches, its Varun Berry said.

In value terms, Britannia's market share in the biscuits category is 33 per cent.

"Now 70 per cent of the revenue of the company comes from biscuits segment and the remaining 30 per cent from other non-biscuits food products", Berry told reporters here last evening on the occasion of Britannia's centenary year.

Berry said "we want to take this ratio to 50:50 without sacrificing the biscuits business by expansion of capacity".

The company, which also launched a new logo, yesterday proposed splitting of stock and issue of bonus debentures subject to necessary approvals.

He said that Britannia would grow organically and also be on the lookout at opportunities for acquisitions, adding the company was 'aiming for the top spot' in the foods business.

Regarding the dairy business, he said that investments would be made in the back-end to control the supply chain.

Berry said that would be commercialised in the next couple of months, while the Mundra one was also operational.

On the plant, an said that Britannia had already acquired market leadership.

Berry added that Britannia aims to have control over the Indian sub-continent and

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, August 07 2018. 12:45 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU