An elephant was electrocuted to death after coming into contact with high tension overhead wires at the Chilla range of Rajaji Tiger Reserve here.
A female elephant aged about 35 years was found dead in Andherchaud sector of the Chilla range late last evening, incharge of the range Subhash Chandra Ghildiyal said.
It seems the elephant uprooted a tree which fell on the high tension overhead wires.
The wires broke due to the weight of the tree and collapsed over the elephant, electrocuting it to death, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)