You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Former Liverpool defender Enrique given all-clear from cancer

AFP  |  Madrid 

Former and defender has been given the all-clear by doctors after he was diagnosed with a last year.

Enrique said in June 2018 that he had undergone an operation to remove the and he has since been going through a series of sessions.

"Hello guys, I just have some wonderful today," Enrique said on Tuesday, in a video message posted on "I just got back the report from the I had just a week and a half ago.

"I just wanted to let you know, because the support from all of you has been amazing, that it's all clear, all perfect."

He added: "I can look forward now, not back anymore and just keep fighting. So it's all clear and perfect. Thank you, guys." The 33-year-old, who spent nine years in England playing for and Newcastle, was told he could lose his sight as a result of the

Enrique retired in 2017 after an injury-hit season with Real Zaragoza and had begun working as a football agent.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, April 16 2019. 15:55 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU