Business Standard

Girl dies after consuming poisonous substance in Kota

Image

Press Trust of India Kota (Raj)
An 18-year-old girl died allegedly after she mistakenly consumed pesticide presuming it to be a cough syrup, police said Tuesday.
Kavita Meena, a resident of Ayani village in the district, was a BA second year student.
She had cough and cold and mistakenly consumed pesticide from a vile presuming it to be a cough syrup, Station House Officer at Ayana police station Bhawani Shankar said.
She was taken to a hospital where she died, he said.
He said the body was handed over to her family members after post-mortem. Police have initiated an investigation into the matter, he said.

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Oct 31 2018 | 5:30 PM IST

Explore News