You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Gujarat: Four sanitation workers die while cleaning drain

Press Trust of India  |  Vadodara (Guj) 

Four sanitation workers died of asphyxiation while cleaning a drain in district of Gujarat Sunday, police said.

The incident took place on the premises of Global Gourmet company on Maser Roadin Padra tehsil.

"The workers were cleaning a sewer line on the company premises. They apparently inhaled toxic fumes and fell unconscious inside," said sub-inspector N M Rathod of Vadu police station.

They were declared dead on arrival at a hospital at Jambusar in district, he added.

The cause of death was believed to be asphyxiation though autopsy was yet to be conducted, he said.

The victims were identified as Askiran Solanki, Kamlesh Jadha, and

of Police confirmed the incident and said further probe is on.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, December 02 2018. 20:50 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU