You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Minor, short-circuit fire below PM's stage, three booked for negligence: Cops

Press Trust of India  |  Aligarh (UP) 

Three persons including an were booked Sunday for "negligence" after a short circuit caused a minor fire under the stage on which was delivering his speech here.

of police said, The wiring of air-conditioning circuit got overheated and accidentally caught fire.

He said the security staff immediately doused the fire before any damage could be done.

The prime minister's continued his speech uninterrupted while the security personnel tackled the mishap without anyone knowing about it, he said, adding an enquiry has been ordered.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, April 14 2019. 21:10 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU