* May 15: Election Commission announces results. BJP emerges as single largest party with 104 members; Cong with 78 and JD(S) with 37 MLAs stitch an alliance.
* Both BJP and Cong-JD(S) combine stake claim to form government.
* May 16-17: SC opens its doors at midnight for an urgent hearing.
* May 17: Hearing begins at 2.11 am and concludes at 5.28 am. SC refuses to stay oath-taking ceremony of Yeddyurappa.
* Yeddyurappa sworn in as CM at 9 am.
* May 18: SC orders floor test at 4 pm on May 19.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)