You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Three die of suffocation while cleaning well

Press Trust of India  |  Jamtara (Jharkhand) 

Three persons died of suffocation while cleaning a well at Pakdih village in district today, police said.

District civil surgeon, Dr B K Saha, who visited the spot, said all the three died of suffocation caused by emitting out from the installed to pump out water from the well to clean it.

The three deceased were identified as Abdul Razzak, a school teacher, a railway employee and Sariff Ansari, a relative of Razzak.

Razzak went inside the well to repair the faulty installed to pump out the water but did not respond to call, police said

After that and climbed down into the well but they too did not come out. The villagers then informed the police and fire-brigade personnel.

A police team and district administration officials rushed to the spot and retrieved the bodies, the police added.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, June 12 2018. 21:55 IST