Thenmozhi immolated herself and the child by using kerosene in a room in her parent's house at Thookanaickken Palayam village this morning.
Hearing cries, others in the house rushed and saw the two engulfed in flames. After dousing the flames, they rushed the woman and child to a nearby hospital where doctors declared them brought dead.
The motive for the woman taking the extreme step was under investigation, police said.
She had been staying at her parent's house since giving birth to the boy.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)