HELSINKI (Reuters) - Rovio Entertainment, the maker of the "Angry Birds" mobile games and movie, said on Friday it had acquired Finnish game studio PlayRaven to expand into mobile strategy games.Rovio, which listed its shares last year, has been hit by tough competition and high dependency on the Angry Birds brand, first launched in 2009.It said it would now seek to develop a strategy game that would have nothing to do with the Angry Birds.Rovio spokesman Mikko Setala said the PlayRaven acquisition brought on board a team that understood how to make strategy games and what attracted ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2021 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard