By Krishna N DasNEW DELHI (Reuters) - JSW Steel Ltd has bought 11,484 tonnes of low-quality iron ore from Goa, government data showed, a sign that steelmakers are exploring other options after the temporary closure of some mines in Odisha.Goa has traditionally exported most of its iron ore to China as local steel mills preferred using higher-quality ores. Mining bans in some states, however, have forced them to use grades with less iron, which might now help them cope with the mine closures in top iron-ore producer Odisha.JSW could use the Goa ore in its 3.3 million-tonne-per-year coastal ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2021 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard