The push towards a cashless society is seeing new developments in pre-paid cards. And these cards are being used for a much wider range of services. Now, you can eat at a restaurant, pay toll charges, fill fuel in your car, buy medicines at pharmacies, book air tickets, do your monthly grocery shopping even buy from e-commerce websites with a pre-paid card. If you are in dire need of cash you can withdraw from ATM.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, February 19 2017. 23:06 IST