The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has come out with a consultation paper recommends changes to the way the total expense ratio (TER) of mutual funds is calculated and charged. The paper also seeks to curb malpractices linked to expense ratios.
Investors, on their part, need to be cognizant of the role expense ratio should play in fund selection, and remain vigilant against malpractices.
High cost affects return
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.