Bomb Threat Calls

Delhi HC, IGI Airport receive bomb threats ahead of I-Day, declared hoax

The Delhi High Court on Friday received a bomb threat via e-mail that led to panic in the premises. The threat comes a day ahead of Independence Day. According to court sources, the registrar general of the high court is in touch with the Delhi Police for necessary assistance. The sources said the email mentioned "blast Delhi High Court @ 2:11 pm". A bomb disposal squad and sniffer dogs also reached the high court premises and security has been beefed up. Police said several government installations in the national capital received bomb threat emails on Friday, prompting multiple agencies to launch searches and security checks a day ahead of the Independence Day and high alert in the capital. Police source said dog squad, bomb disposal squad, fire department and many other security agencies are conducting checking, nothing suspicious so far found. Security agencies and local police teams launched searches at the locations following the threats. "Nothing suspicious has been found a

Updated On: 14 Aug 2026 | 2:33 PM IST

4 Chandigarh schools receive bomb threat emails, nothing suspicious found

Four schools in Chandigarh received bomb threat emails on Tuesday morning, prompting police and security agencies to conduct extensive searches of the premises, officials said. No bomb or suspicious object was found during the searches, they said. According to the police, the schools that received the threats are Carmel Convent School in Sector 9-B, St John's High School and Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School in Sector 26, and St Stephen's School in Sector 45-B. After receiving information, police teams, bomb detection and disposal personnel and sniffer dog squads reached the schools and conducted thorough searches of the campuses. The authorities also checked areas adjoining the schools as a precautionary measure and stepped up security arrangements, officials said. Police have launched a technical investigation to trace the source of the threat emails and identify the person responsible. Officials said no explosive device or suspicious object was found at any of the four scho

Updated On: 11 Aug 2026 | 1:52 PM IST

Bomb threat emails trigger searches, evacuations at multiple Delhi schools

Multiple schools in Delhi received bomb threats via emails on Monday, prompting the Delhi Police, fire services and bomb disposal squads to launch extensive search operations, officials said. Teams of the Delhi Police, bomb disposal squads, dog squads and the Delhi Fire Services rushed to the schools after the threats were reported. The school premises were evacuated as a precaution and thorough anti-sabotage checks were carried out. Police said nothing suspicious had been found during the searches so far. Authorities of one of the schools, Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, informed parents through an official message that it had received a security threat and that all students had been evacuated safely. "Dear parents, The school has received a security threat. All students have been evacuated safely. The police have been informed and are doing the needful. Once the school is declared safe by the police, classes will resume," the message, sent at 10.25 am, read. Officials said emergency ...

Updated On: 03 Aug 2026 | 12:28 PM IST

Bomb threat poster triggers panic in Shimla; SDM office, court evacuated

Panic erupted here after a poster warning of a bomb threat targeting the local court and the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) office in Rohru was discovered, police said on Wednesday. According to the police, they received information about an unidentified handwritten poster pasted on a wall in the Bharari area. The poster warned that the Rohru court and the SDM office would be blown up on Wednesday, prompting police to go on high alert and implement precautionary measures. As a result, both the court and the SDM office were evacuated, and a search operation was initiated. A Bomb Disposal Squad was dispatched from Shimla to assist with the situation. Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Shimla, Gaurav Singh, confirmed the development and said a thorough search of the premises is underway. "So far, no suspicious objects have been found, and the situation is under control. A case has been registered at the Sadar police station in Shimla, and further investigation is ongoing," he ...

Updated On: 06 May 2026 | 12:38 PM IST

Delhi Assembly gets bomb threat, nothing suspicious found during search

Security forces rushed to the Delhi Assembly on Monday after a bomb threat was received via email, prompting a swift response from multiple agencies, police sources said. The alert was communicated by Assembly authorities, following which teams of the Delhi Police, bomb disposal and dog squads and the fire brigade were deployed at the premises. A thorough search of the premises was carried out, the source said. "Nothing suspicious has been found so far. The situation is under control," a senior police officer said, adding that further investigation into the source of the email is underway.

Updated On: 13 Apr 2026 | 1:41 PM IST

DU's Ramjas, Miranda House evacuated after bomb threat; no explosives found

Multiple agencies rushed to Ramjas and Miranda House colleges of the Delhi University after the institutions received bomb threat e-mails on Monday, police said. However, they found no suspicious objects in either of the premises. "Although there was no mention of bomb in the e-mail messages themselves, their subject lines mentioned bomb threats," officials said. On receiving the e-mails, the college administrations informed the police, triggering a swift response from security agencies. Bomb disposal teams, dog squads, and other police personnel promptly arrived at the institutions. As a precautionary measure, they evacuated students and staff from the campuses and cordoned off the premises. However, even after thorough checks, they found no suspicious objects. Further investigation is underway, police said.

Updated On: 06 Apr 2026 | 1:47 PM IST

Chandigarh on high alert after bomb threat targets University, schools

The email contained specific timings for the alleged explosions, stating that schools could be targeted at 1:11 pm, the Mayor's office at 2:11 pm, and the Secretariat at 3:11 pm

Updated On: 06 Apr 2026 | 12:28 PM IST

Delhi Police arrests Mysuru man for sending over 1,100 hoax bomb threats

Delhi Police has arrested a man from Mysuru in Karnataka for allegedly sending more than 1,100 hoax bomb threats to schools, high courts and government offices across the country, officials said on Monday. The accused, identified as Srinivas Louis, 47, was apprehended from his rented accommodation on Saturday following a joint operation by Delhi Police and local police teams, the officials said. The arrest comes amid a recent spate of bomb threat messages being sent to the Delhi High Court, assembly and several educational and government institutions. Police said Louis is a postgraduate and a native of Bengaluru. He is currently unemployed and lives with his mother, a retired government employee. "Preliminary investigation suggests that he may have been under mental stress. During initial interrogation, the accused confessed to sending over 1,100 threat messages across the country via emails and other communication platforms," a senior officer said. Multiple FIRs had been register

Updated On: 30 Mar 2026 | 9:43 AM IST

Delhi Assembly receives bomb threat for second consecutive day, probe on

The Delhi Legislative Assembly received a fresh bomb threat via email on Wednesday, a day after the House received similar threats just hours before Chief Minister Rekha Gupta's scheduled budget presentation, officials said. According to sources, the latest email, sent in the early hours to the official email ID of the Assembly Speaker, alleged that bombs have been planted in the in the premises amid the ongoing assembly session. The sender also made several provocative assertions and references in the message, they said. The development comes a day after the Assembly received two threatening emails on Tuesday morning via an email to the assembly at 7:28 am, followed by another email sent to Speaker Vijender Gupta at 7:49 am, prompting a massive security drill ahead of Chief Minister Rekha Gupta's scheduled budget presentation. Following the fresh threat, security agencies intensified checks in and around the Assembly premises. Bomb disposal squads, dog squads and local police team

Updated On: 25 Mar 2026 | 12:53 PM IST

Delhi Assembly receives bomb threat ahead of presentation of budget

Hours before Chief Minister Rekha Gupta's scheduled budget presentation at 11:30 am on Tuesday, the Delhi Legislative Assembly received a bomb threat, official sources said. The threat was received via an email to the assembly at 7:28 am, followed by another email sent to Speaker Vijender Gupta at 7:49 am. Soon after the bomb threat, security forces rushed to the spot and began carrying out checks and launched an investigation. "We have heightened security arrangements in and around the premises," a police source said. The email reportedly referred to several high-profile dignitaries, including Lieutenant Governor Taranjit Singh Sandhu, Chief Minister Rekha Gupta and Cabinet Minister Manjinder Singh Sirsa. Police and security agencies have launched a probe to trace the origin of the email, while thorough anti-sabotage checks are underway, the source added.

Updated On: 24 Mar 2026 | 11:16 AM IST

Bomb threat triggers evacuations at BSE, Vidhan Bhawan, Mumbai High Court

According to the Mumbai police, threat mails have been received at BSE, Vidhan Bhawan and the High Court this morning

Updated On: 12 Mar 2026 | 11:50 AM IST

5 schools in Gurugram receive bomb threat emails; nothing suspicious found

At least five private schools in Gurugram received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, but nothing suspicious was found during thorough checks carried out by authorities, officials said. Upon receiving information about threat mails, police rushed to the school premises. "The school premises were sanitised after detailed checks. Nothing suspicious was found," a Gurugram police spokesperson said over the phone, adding that further investigations are underway. Notably, several schools in Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh, have received similar bomb threat emails in recent months. However, all threats turned out to be hoaxes.

Updated On: 10 Mar 2026 | 12:14 PM IST

3 banks, 6 schools in Delhi receive bomb threats; security checks underway

At least three schools, including Sardar Patel Vidyalaya and Salwan Public School, in the city received bomb threat emails on Monday morning, prompting multiple security agencies to rush to the premises and carry out thorough checks, an official of the Delhi Fire Services said. The school administrations alerted fire and police about the matter. "Teams from the local police, bomb disposal squad, dog squad and fire department were immediately dispatched and a security checks is underway," the DFS officer said. He said so far the fire department received two calls from two schools and students and staff were safely evacuated as a precautionary measure, while security personnel are conducting detailed anti-sabotage inspections of classrooms, corridors and surrounding areas. So far nothing suspicious has been found. In a message to parents, Sardar Patel Vidyalaya informed parents that students have been evacuated safely. According to the message, "This morning the school received a .

Updated On: 02 Mar 2026 | 1:26 PM IST

Bomb threats to Delhi Secretariat, Red Fort, 2 schools turn out to be hoax

The Army Public School in Delhi Cantonment received a bomb threat email on Monday, prompting security agencies to launch a search operation on the premises, a Delhi Fire Services official said. The school administration informed the authorities in the morning after receiving the mail that warned of an explosive device planted on the campus. "We are verifying the source of the email. So far, nothing suspicious has been found. As a precautionary measure, a thorough search operation is underway on the school premises, which has been vacated," a senior police officer said. The cyber cell has been roped in to trace the origin of the email and identify the sender, he added. Teams from Delhi Police, bomb disposal squad, dog squad and fire department are on the spot, the officer said.

Updated On: 23 Feb 2026 | 2:09 PM IST

Noida schools receive bomb threats, police say nothing suspicious found

Several schools in Gautam Buddh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday received bomb threats, which police said were later found to be hoaxes. According to police, the threats were received through email by various schools in the district, following which security agencies swung into action. "The Gautam Buddh Nagar Police reacted immediately and ensured checking in all the schools through the bomb disposal squad, anti-sabotage check team and dog squad," police said in a statement. Intensive searches are continuing at schools and nothing suspicious has been found so far. Police said a technical investigation into the source of the email is being carried out by the cyber team with utmost seriousness. "The situation is completely normal and peace and order prevail at the spot. People are advised not to pay attention to rumours," police said.

Updated On: 19 Feb 2026 | 1:41 PM IST

Punjab Secretariat receives bomb threat e-mail; search finds it to be hoax

The Punjab Secretariat received a bomb threat e-mail on Thursday, prompting the authorities to carry out an anti-sabotage check, officials said. Police, fire brigade officials, bomb squads, dog squads and an ambulance were rushed to the Secretariat building but even after an extensive search operation, no suspicious material or explosives were found, they said. Police have nevertheless stepped up security around the Secretariat. Last month too, the Punjab Secretariat received a similar threat mail, which turned out to be a hoax. The Punjab and Haryana Secretariat is located at Sector-1 in Chandigarh, which is a high-security zone. Notably, the latest scare comes close on the heels of similar threats in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Haryana schools. All these threats turned out to be hoaxes.

Updated On: 19 Feb 2026 | 1:06 PM IST

Three Delhi schools receive bomb threat e-mails; evacuations underway

At least three schools in Delhi received bomb threats through e-mail on Thursday morning, prompting swift evacuation and search operations by emergency agencies, an official of the Delhi Fire Services said. "We received information about bomb threat e-mails sent to three schools: CRPF Public School and St Thomas School in Dwarka, and DAV Centenary Public School in Paschim Enclave. Fire tenders and rescue teams were immediately rushed to the locations as a precautionary measure," the DFS officer said. Police teams, bomb disposal squads, dog squads and local administration officials were deployed at the schools soon after the alerts were received, officials said. As a precautionary measure, school authorities evacuated students and staff from the premises while search operations were carried out. No suspicious object was found during preliminary searches, officials said, adding that detailed sanitisation checks were being conducted across the campuses. Police said the cyber teams hav

Updated On: 19 Feb 2026 | 11:36 AM IST

Schools in Mohali receive bomb threat, Fortis Hospital also mentioned

Some schools in Punjab's Mohali received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, which also mentioned Fortis Hospital, prompting police to launch search operation, officials said. "The bomb threat to schools also mentioned the Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were kept on hold while essential services continued," a senior police official said in Mohali. He said the police were conducting checks in the schools. Security had already been strengthened in and around Fortis hospital in Mohali after Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted in the hospital on Monday evening, hours after he was discharged from the health facility. Mann was admitted again after he experienced exhaustion, said sources. On Wednesday, sixteen private schools in Mohali had received bomb threat emails, triggering evacuation and prompting detailed anti-sabotage checks by police. However, after detailed inspection, no ...

Updated On: 17 Feb 2026 | 1:28 PM IST

28 schools in Ahmedabad, Vadodara receive bomb threat; searches underway

More than 25 schools in Gujarat's Ahmedabad and Vadodara districts received bomb threat emails on Monday, following which the campuses were evacuated and search operations were undertaken, officials said. Nothing suspicious has been found so far, they said. More than 15 schools in Ahmedabad and 11 in Vadodara received bomb threat emails, the officials said. After being alerted, the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) teams rushed to carry out searches, police officials said.

Updated On: 16 Feb 2026 | 1:55 PM IST

2nd bomb scare in a day at Kolkata airport; Dibrugarh flight lands safely

Hours after a Shillong-bound IndiGo flight was grounded at the city airport following a bomb threat that later turned out to be a hoax, a fresh security scare was reported on a Dibrugarh-Kolkata flight on Saturday evening after a suspicious message was found inside the aircraft toilet, officials said. The IndiGo flight 6E 6894 landed safely at 7.37 pm at Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport and was immediately taken to the isolation bay as per security protocol. All passengers were safely deboarded, the statement said. The message, reportedly written with lipstick, was found inside the aircraft toilet, "indicating a bomb threat," it added. Earlier in the day, a Shillong-bound aircraft was stranded at Kolkata airport for around four hours following a bomb threat. The IndiGo flight 6E 7304 was moved to the isolation bay after the discovery of a handwritten note claiming that a bomb had been placed on the plane, it said. The threat, however, later turned out to be a hoax,

Updated On: 14 Feb 2026 | 10:05 PM IST