Explore Business Standard
Associate Sponsors
Co-sponsor
Larsen and Toubro on Tuesday said it has secured a "significant" transport infrastructure development project in Dubai, UAE. The order pertains to the Phase-1 of the road development initiative undertaken by the UAE authorities, Larsen and Toubro (L&T) informed the exchanges. L&T did not provide any financial details of the order. According to company classification, a significant order ranges between Rs 1,000 crore to Rs 2,500 crore. The contract has been secured by the Transportation Infrastructure business vertical of the company for the improvement of Latifa Bint Hamdan Street in Dubai. The project is scheduled to be completed in 36 months. The scope of the project includes upgrading the existing road corridor stretching from Emirates Road (E611) to Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311). The work involves widening the current two-lane dual carriageway into a four-lane dual carriageway in each direction to enhance network capacity and ease traffic flow.
The Bombay High Court on Tuesday denied relief to construction giant Larsen & Toubro (L&T) in connection with the dispute over the Thane-Ghodbunder to Bhayandar tunnel and elevated road projects, giving a go-ahead for the opening of tender bids. A vacation bench of Justices Kamal Khata and Arif Doctor said it was not continuing its interim stay passed last week restraining the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) from opening the financial bid, which is the last stage of the tendering process. The financial bid was scheduled to be opened on May 13. L&T had filed two petitions in the high court earlier this month, challenging the non-intimation of the status of its bid by the MMRDA for the projects. The bench on Tuesday rejected the petitions but directed the MMRDA to keep the company's price bids in a sealed cover for one week after the tender is opened. "We are not continuing the earlier interim order of stay," the court said. The construction company,