Murmurs about a corporate rejig within Zee Entertainment have grown stronger over the past few weeks. In conversation with Urvi Malvania, Punit Goenka, the company’s managing director and chief executive officer, sets the record straight on the new corporate structure and provides his take on next year’s IPL media rights bid. Edited excerpts:
What explains the spate of exits over the last four months at Zee Entertainment?
We have had some exits among the functional heads. But that is part and parcel of the business. At times, there is a mismatch in working styles of the organisation and people. We are working with Ernst & Young on right-sizing the organisation, keeping in mind the teeth-to-tail ratio and its structure. You will hear about some more changes on this in the coming quarters. There will be corporate roles and vertical head roles and the overlaps need to be defined clearly. We already have a CEO for live events and a new CEO for broadcast will join on October 1.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, August 24 2016. 00:30 IST