Recently, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) cited the ‘State of Aadhaar 2017-18’ report to reassert the widespread use of and support for Aadhaar. The study was carried out by Idinsight for Omidyar Network, a multinational research organisation.
UIDAI issued a statement on May 16 in response to the report commending the Aadhaar project for its efficiency in the public distribution system (PDS), as well as the acceptance of Aadhaar as the “foundational” identity proof for India’s 1.21 billion citizens.
UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey said: “IDinsight’s latest report highlights that Aadhaar has wide-scale support and acceptance on the ground.” The authority’s press release said the report showed Aadhaar was being accepted by “we the people” as the foundational identity document with near universality.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.